Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
This section contains current job openings and other helpful resources on career advancement for SV-ISSA members and other Bay Area security professionalis.
To post new security job openings and other career centric information in this area please send the title, a short description, and the URL for the detailed description to the chapter webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
At Specialized we’re serious about providing high-impact, low-friction, technology solutions that keep our teammates connected and secure so that we can build the best bikes in the world.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Security and Network Engineer to support our efforts. In this role you’ll have an unparalleled opportunity to work with individuals across the world to build, secure, and maintain a modern global network. You’ll also be a champion for security and consult on a variety of fast-moving projects. You’ll research, develop, and implement new network and security solutions focused on maturing network operations on a global scale. You’ll need extensive experience designing, securing, and supporting a cloud strategy.
You’ll be part of the Global Technology organization and will report into the Head of Security and Architecture.
Specialized has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture – you’ll need to be curious, innovative, hardworking, and above all collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Design, build, maintain, and secure a global network.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams with a focus on shifting left to help ensure modern standards are built in at the beginning of project.
- Lead projects, collect broad input from multiple teams, define needs, find solutions, and communicate progress regularly.
- Rely on your extensive knowledge of network protocols, software security, threats, vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, and other information to build a security environment that reduces risk and enables the company.
- Champion security awareness and advocate for key security projects and initiatives
- Serve as a leader within the Specialized Network Operations team by leaning into varying security duties including proactive log analysis, development/management of security software, and resolution of security incidents.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Experience designing, securing, supporting, and maintaining modern global network environments and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure
- Ability to independently lead security awareness efforts and policy development
- Experience leading incident response efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
- Passion for automation to scale both protection and mitigation technology
- Experience evaluating and testing new vendor and in-house developed network initiatives for security issues
- Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Experience designing and building out application and network security monitoring to aid in detection or forensic investigations
- Development experience in at least one programming language (Python, Go, etc.) with experience applying that to security tool development, automation and overall programmatic solutions that will be used to defend infrastructure
- Experience building security awareness with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience using a layered security models to defend critical network infrastructure focusing on people, process, and technology
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Security certification(s) such as Cisco Certified CyberOps Professional, SSCP, CEH, CISM, or CISSP
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) services and infrastructure.
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
As a Security Engineer at Clever, you’ll be part of a small highly collaborative team that leads the efforts to secure our service, infrastructure, organization and protect our customers data. We are looking for someone who understands how to scale application security efforts at a growing organization.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
By joining the Security team, you will become part of a integral part of our products by securing customer data and improving security posture by working on projects like:
- Security reviews, where you provide risk-based security subject matter expertise to our product and engineering teams
- Vulnerability detection, remediation, and preventing - find and fix vulnerabilities in our application code
- Collaborate with engineering teams in designing and developing security-sensitive code, including identity and authentication protocol code
- Review third party tools used by the company to ensure that these tools are compliant with our security practices for the data they will host and process
- Infrastructure tooling to automate security for Clever services
- Triage and own remediations to submission to our bug bounty program
- Representing Clever in the security community to stay updated on vulnerabilities and threats
- Training engineers about secure coding practices and evangelizing security in the company
We are focused on making sure we create systems and processes that allow all of Clever to create great products for teachers, students, guardians and district administrators ensuring that the data that we are custodians of are well protected. We use many AWS services (AWS WAF, IAM, Dynamo, Systems Manager Parameter Store, Route53, Cloudfront). We write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React and use Go for backend.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering and experience building applications
- Familiar with common security flaws, common security libraries and security controls for web applications in a public cloud environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering teams reviewing code, architecture and design to provide security risk evaluation and mitigations
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers