Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We have a great opportunity for a capable Senior Information Security Engineer who has a passion for applying practical security measures and moves with the rapid speed of business. We are building out a team of passionate security professionals whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and applying them in a cross-functional context.
What you get to do every day
- Promote security best practices across Engineering organization
- Train Engineers on how to implement security best practices
- Improve security controls around code and infrastructure
- Conduct Application Security Reviews for new and existing software
What you bring to the role
- At least 2 years with implementing information security best practices, and at least 5 years in a technical role. Infrastructure security is a must; application security is a big bonus
- Experience in defining security controls and practices to a company’s Engineering organization
- Knowledge of the following:
- Authentication, protocols, and Identity Access Management technologies / structures, such as SSO, MFA, and other open authentication standards
- Security communication protocols, such as SSL/TLS, SSH, OAuth, JWT
- Common attack techniques, such as those defined in the Mitre ATT&CK Framework
- Familiarity with security best practices and risk management operating in cloud environments such as AWS, and in corporate use of other 3rd party SaaS products
- Experience in training others: either in a formal classroom setting, informally as a lead or mentor, or author of documentation and guidance
- An interest in continually learning new technologies and taking initiative to apply new skills
- Bonus points for experience in the following:
- Work in a regulated industry, such as financial services or healthcare
- Professional software engineering
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $175,000 - $200,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by Built In, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors, including Blackrock, TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures